09 October 2011

$2 fix to secure your Wireless receivers to your monolights.

Securing your Wireless receivers to your Monolights. I found this a quick easy fix for keeping dangling wireless units around my Monolights. I picked up several feet of ¼ / 20 all thread at home depot for $2. I cut the all thread to 6” pieces and threaded onto my wireless receivers. I have images which show them attached to a Pocket wizard and also a Cactus 5 transceiver. I then slid the all thread with the receivers attached into the umbrella holder on my Alien Bee units. This keeps them up, secure and clean looking. This won’t work if you are using umbrellas, but in most cases I am running softboxes or beauty dishes.  So for my needs it’s a great and easy fix.

Pocket wizard with 6" 20 / 1/4" all thread

Pocket Wizard with all thread secured in umbrella holder

Cactus V5 Receiver with 6" 20 / 1/4" all thread


Cactus V5 Receiver with all thread secured in umbrella holder



  

No comments:

Post a Comment